Breakfast Sausage Stir Fry
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups soy sauce
- ½ cup sambal olek
- ½ cup mae ploy
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 5 cups water
- ½ cup mirin
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 6 breakfast sausage patties
- 3 cups Chinese green beans
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- kung pao sauce
Kung Pao Sauce
- Place a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, sambal olek, mae ploy, sugar and hoisin.
- Using whisk, mix all ingredients to incorporate.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Reserve.
- Wash rice in a colander until water runs clear.
- Place 5 cups of water and washed rice in a small saucepan.
- Cover and place on low heat until water completely reduces.
- Remove from heat and add mirin.
- Using gloved hands, gently tear sausage to 1 inch pieces. Reserve.
- Using french knife, cut greens beans into 3 inch pieces.
- Place wok pan on high heat.
- Add canola oil, sausage and green beans.
- Using metal tongs, move sausage and green beans.
- Allow sausage to sear and green beans to blister.
- Add 2 cups of kung pao sauce to wok and mix to incorporate.
- Place 2 cups of sticky rice in each bowl.
- Top with stir fry.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.