Breakfast Sausage Strata
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped Smithfield Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Patties
- ½ cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped blanched, drained baby spinach
- 1½ cups milk
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 4 cups 1-inch cubed white bread
- 2 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, and lay out flat on sheet tray. Roast tomatoes at 325°F until skin blisters, remove them, and pull off their skin. Let tomatoes cool before chopping to small dice.
- Combine sausage, cheddar, spinach, tomatoes, milk, eggs and bread, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop mixture evenly into ramekins, and cook for 35 minutes.
- Just before serving, top with Hollandaise.
- Melt butter over medium heat until it bubbles.
- Combine ingredients in blender, and set on high for about 30 seconds.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.