Candied Bacon BLT Salad
- 12 slices Smithfield Bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb. spring greens mix
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 3 ripe red tomatoes, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 ripe yellow tomatoes, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup scallions
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup EVOO or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Place bacon slices on sheet pan and sprinkle brown sugar.
- Bake in oven at 350 till crisp and done. Cook enough slices for each salad – 3 to 4 slices per salad
- In mixing bowl place greens or lettuce and add the seasoning and half the dressing. Toss salad till evenly coated.
- Place portion of greens on plate or in salad bowl.
- Cut tomatoes in wedges – 6 or 8 wedges per tomato. Lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 or 4 tomato wedges around outside of salad on plate and garnish with bacon slices on top.
- Drizzle a small amount of dressing over salad. Sprinkle with scallions.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- In small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.