Filipino Adobo Ribs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 lbs Farmland by Smithfield® Smoke’N Fast Ribbits®, thawed
- Steamed Jasmine Rice (recipe follows)
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
Steamed Jasmine Rice:
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- 2¾ cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- In nonreactive saucepan, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, cider vinegar, brown sugar and bay leaves.
- Bring to light boil, and stir to combine.
- Turn down to simmer, and reduce by one-third.
- Season sauce with black pepper. Add cornstarch slurry slowly, to desired thickness.
- In covered pan, steam ribbits to internal temperature of 165°F.
- To finish, mark Ribbits on flame grill. Toss marked Ribbits in finished sauce.
- Serve on Steamed Jasmine Rice, and garnish with chopped scallions.
- For Steamed Jasmine Rice, rinse rice 2-3 times in cold water.
- Combine water, rice and salt in saucepan. Bring to light boil.
- Cover, and turn down to simmer. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, and turn off.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.