Mongolian-Style Beef Dumplings with Spicy Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch slurry
- 1 lb. Smithfield Smoke’NFast Pot Roast, chopped
- ½-¾ cup chopped scallions, for filling and some reserved for garnish
- 24 dumpling wrappers
- 2-3 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½-¾ cup water
- Spicy Mustard (recipe follows)
- 4 Tbsp. mustard powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add minced ginger and minced garlic, and cook until fragrant and starting to lightly brown.
- Add soy sauce and brown sugar, and bring to boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch slurry made with pot roast juices, bring to boil again, and allow sauce to thicken.
- Add chopped pot roast, and mix thoroughly.
- Cool mixture, and fold in chopped scallions.
- Form into dumplings, adding approximately ¾-1 Tbsp beef mixture to each dumpling wrapper, and then pinch at top, creating pleats while sealing edges.
- Sear in hot pan with canola oil, then add water to pan, and cover immediately to steam until dumplings are tender and heated through.
- Plate 3 dumplings per serving, garnished with sliced scallions and served with Spicy Mustard.
- Mix mustard powder, salt and white pepper.
- Add water, and stir.
- Mix in oil and rice vinegar.
- Adjust to desired heat and acidity.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.