Turkey Shawarma Sandwich
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 oz Smithfield Turkey Lunchmeat
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small red onion, halved, very thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut in half, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Persian cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups mixed tender herbs (mint leaves, parsley leaves)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 pieces Arabic saj bread or 6 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Mix black pepper, coriander, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne in small bowl.
- Julienne sliced turkey lunchmeat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. As soon as butter is melted, add spice mixture; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add turkey meat, and toss to mix with spices.
- Add lemon juice to turkey mixture, and toss to combine.
- Toss onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, radishes and vinegar in large bowl. Add herbs, season with salt, and gently toss again.
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Warm Arabic bread or tortillas, spread with Sumac and Garlic Mayo, and fill with turkey and vegetable mixture. Make a wrap. Add remaining butter to skillet and sear wrap flat to get a beautiful golden-brown color on one side; repeat on other side.
- Cut on bias, and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.