Braised Pork Shoulder
- 12 oz. Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder; 3-inch
- 1 Tbsp Prosciutto, finely minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry, red Italian wine
- 1 cup San Marzano tomatoes, peeled and blended
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. carrots, peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. celery, peeled and finely minced
Product:Pork Shoulder, Prosciutto
- In a heavy bottom pot, add the butter and extra virgin olive oil and heat over a high flame. When the mixture begins to foam, add the onions, carrots and celery. Cook until the vegetables have become soft and lightly golden.
- Add the pork and prosciutto. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the red wine. Cook until the wine is almost dry.
- Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and cover the pot. Place the covered pot into a pre heated 275°F. oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the braised pork shoulder onto a serving vessel and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.