Prosciutto and Grilled Cheese Ciabatta
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Marmalade (recipe to follow)
- 2 ciabatta sandwich buns, split
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 slices fontina
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- 4 basil leaves, whole
- 2 eggs, fried
- 4 Roma tomatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- To serve: Spoon Tomato Marmalade onto bottoms of ciabatta bread. Top with fontina, basil leaves and prosciutto.
- In large nonstick pan, heat butter over medium-high heat until bubbly. Add sandwich halves (bottom half with cheese and prosciutto, and top half) and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Place fried eggs on top of cheese-prosciutto and add top half to sandwich.
- In sauce pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add yellow onions and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 3 more minutes. Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients, cooking for 30 minutes, or until thickened.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.