Argentinian Yerba Mate Soup with Pulled Pork
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 Tbsp loose-leaf yerba mate tea
- 2 Tbsp unrefined, cold-pressed olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, small diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and small diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup Smithfield Pulled Pork
- 1 cup organic frozen mixed vegetables (cut green beans, whole corn kernels, peas) or any available fresh vegetables
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
Product:Pulled Pork, Smoke’NFast Pulled Pork
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Measure boiling water in large glass measuring cup or large mug. Place yerba mate tea leaves in tea ball or tea bag, and place in boiling water; allow to steep for 5 minutes, remove tea ball, and set brewed tea aside.
- In large stockpot, warm oil. Sauté onions and carrots until tender and translucent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add brewed yerba mate, chicken stock, salt, quinoa and potatoes, and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer, and cook, covered, until potatoes and quinoa are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process cilantro and ½ cup water in blender. Stir into soup mixture along with pulled pork and frozen vegetables, and cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepperand serve with wedges of lime.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.