Chicken-Fried Bacon Biscuit
- 12 slices Smithfield Bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
- IPA Batter (recipe follows)
- 1 cup California IPA beer
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Extra flour for dusting cooked Smithfield Bacon
- 4 frozen biscuits
- 1 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp black pepper, salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup Smithfield Breakfast Sausage, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp finely diced white onion
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
Product:Bacon, Breakfast Sausage
- Dust cooked bacon with flour, immerse completely in IPA Batter, and place in 350°F fryer, or shallow fry in sauté pan, for approximately 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove, drain, and hold hot.
- In bowl, mix all ingredients, and reserve cold.
- Place biscuits on sheet pan, brush with cream, and top with salt and black pepper. Bake until golden brown, and reserve.
- Cook crumbled sausage in pan with canola oil, adding onions once sausage is browned.
- In same pan, add flour and cook until it forms a roux with fat rendered from sausage.
- Slowly whisk in cream, milk and chopped rosemary, and let simmer, stirring frequently about 15-20 minutes until it has thickened. Reserve hot.
- Split cooked Peppered Biscuit, place 3 pieces Chicken-Fried Bacon inside, and top with 1 ounce Rosemary-Sausage Gravy.
- Place top on biscuit, and top with 2 more ounces gravy. Light 6-inch sprig rosemary on fire, and stab into biscuit to secure sandwich. Blow out fire and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.