Oven-Roasted Whole Baby Carrots with Crispy Ham-Anchovy Vinaigrette
- 12 organic baby carrots, scrubbed well, tops trimmed but not removed
- Salt, as needed
- Cracked black pepper, as needed
- 1 Tbsp rendered Smithfield Bacon fat
- Ham-nchovy Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Dill, chopped, for garnish
- Tarragon, chopped, for garnish
- 8 anchovy fillets
- ½ cup champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely diced shallots
- 2 marinated white anchovies
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz Smithfield Diced Ham
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat fajita-style skillet in oven until very hot.
- Toss carrots and ham in salt, pepper, and bacon fat. Place on hot skillet, and cook until carrots are charred, and ham is crispy, approximately 15-20 minutes at 450°F.
- Remove from oven, and finish carrots with 1 ounce dressing on top, with fresh chopped dill and tarragon and 2 anchovy fillets for each serving.
- Place all ingredients except ham and oil in blender, and puree until smooth, and then emulsify oil into mixture. Add ham. Reserve chilled.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.