Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon and Miso Dressing
- 6 cups thinly shaved Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Miso Dressing, divided (recipe follows)
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup Smithfield Bacon Bits, warmed
- 1 cup Pickled Red Onions (recipe follows)
- 1 cup white miso
- 8 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 8 Tbsp soy sauce
- 8 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- ¼ cup water
Pickled Red Onions
- 4 cups sliced red onions
- 2 Tbsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup red beet juice
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- In large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, dried cherries, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss with ¾ cup Miso Dressing.
- Mix salad, and add more dressing if needed.
- Portion salad into 4 wide bowls.
- On top of each salad, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles, bacon bits and Pickled Red Onions.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk to combine.
Pickled Red Onions:
- Season red onions with salt and sugar, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour in vinegar and beet juice, and mix.
- Let sit for 1 day before using.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.