Smoked Brisket Sandwich in Vindaloo Curry Sauce with Bacon-Fat Mayo
- 4 oz Smithfield Smoked Brisket, sliced thinly
- 3 oz Vindaloo Curry BBQ (recipe follows)
- 1 sesame bun, split
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Bacon-Fat Mayo (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup Jalapeño Cabbage Slaw (recipe follows)
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 4 leaves mint
Vindaloo Curry BBQ (yields 4 cups)
- 8 strips raw Smithfield Bacon, cut into strips
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup ground dried Thai chiles
- ½ tsp ground clove
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ cup Korean red pepper flakes
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Creole mustard
- 1 cup cane vinegar
- ½ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp sambal chili paste
- 1 tsp Creole mustard
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup warm bacon fat
- ¼ cup cooked bacon bits
- Salt, to taste
Jalapeno Cabbage Slaw
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 4 sprigs dill, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Product:Bacon Bits, Smoke'NFast Brisket
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Warm together smoked brisket and Vindaloo Curry BBQ.
- Spread cut sides of bun with butter, and toast on hot griddle or in cast-iron pan.
- Slather both toasted pieces of bun with Bacon-Fat Mayo.
- Mound Vindaloo BBQ Brisket high on bottom slice of bun, and top with Jalapeño Cabbage Slaw, cilantro sprigs and mint leaves. Replace top of bun.
- Serve immediately.
Vindaloo Curry BBQ (yields 4 cups):
- In nonreactive pot over medium-high heat, render bacon until golden brown.
- To pot, add onions, garlic and ginger, and sweat until translucent.
- Add tomato paste, ground Thai chiles, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, ground mustard and Korean red pepper flakes, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to simmer, and then reduce gently until nappe.
- In food processor, blend all ingredients except vegetable oil, bacon fat and bacon bits.
- Once mixture is well blended and frothy on top, slowly stream in vegetable oil while mixture is blending.
- Once oil is fully emulsified, slowly add warm bacon fat, followed by bacon bits.
- Season with salt.
- If mayo is a little loose, whisk in a bit more vegetable oil.
Jalapeno Cabbage Slaw:
- In medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together, and let marinate for at least an hour.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.