Smoked Brisket Laab Salad
- 18 oz Smithfield Smoked Brisket
- ½ cup Lime Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 shallot, peeled and shaved into rings
- 10 sprigs mint, roughly sliced
- ½ cup sliced cucumber, seasoned lightly with salt
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 18 butter lettuce cups
- 4 cups toasted and ground rice
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice and zest of 3 limes
- 2 tsp palm sugar, crumbled
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 fresh Thai chile
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Slice brisket into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Toss strips with Lime Vinaigrette, carrots, shallots and mint.
- Mound brisket salad in center of large platter.
- Arrange cucumbers and cilantro around outside of salad.
- Top salad with rice and serve with lettuce cups on the side as a family-style platter for sharing.
- Place all ingredients in blender, and blend on high until well mixed.
- Reserve in cooler until ready to use.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.