Filipino-Style Pork Chop
- 4 Smithfield Pork Chops
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sweet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 eggs
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- ½ Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Make seasoning blend of sugar, salt, turmeric, garlic powder and paprika.
- Season pork chops with blend, and allow to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat large sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon oil, and sear pork chops until caramelized on both sides.
- Finish cooking in preheated oven or on stovetop until desired temperature.
- Make tomato salad by combining cherry tomatoes, onions, fish sauce, lime juice and cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and store in cooler until needed. Soft-boil eggs, chill, and peel.
- To prepare garlic rice, heat pan on medium, add 1 tablespoon oil, and slowly cook garlic, until it begins to turn golden.
- Add cooked rice, and season with salt and pepper
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.