Fried Green Tomato and Bacon Sandwich
- ½ cup Smithfield Ready to Eat Bacon
- 3 eggs, whipped with 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- ½ cup Lemon Aioli (recipe follows)
- 4 slices fried green tomatoes
- ½ tsp. roasted garlic, mashed to a paste
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- ¾ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup canola oil or canola/olive blend
- Water as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat small nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add eggs and pepper, lower heat, and cook until firm but not hard, flattening so they can be folded over into 2 portions to fit bread.
- Warm bacon in small nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Spread Lemon Aioli evenly over 4 slices of toast.
- Place eggs evenly over 2 slices of toast.
- Top each with 2 slices fried green tomato and bacon, evenly covering eggs.
- Top with other slices of toast, and cut in half.
- Mix garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, zest and mustard.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly, and form an emulsion.
- Adjust consistency with water or more oil as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.