- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 8 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup 1/2″ Diced Ham
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 ea. Egg
Dish Type:Side Dish
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until butter is the size of small peas.
- Stir in the ham, cheese, and green onion.
- In another small bowl, whisk milk, and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry; stir until mixture holds together.
- Place the dough on a floured surface; form dough into an 8-inch round about 1-inch thick.
- With a knife, cut dough into 8 wedges.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.