Orange Habanero Glazed Ham
- 1 Ham
Orange Habanero Glaze
- 1 oz. butter
- ½ cup Spanish onions or shallots (minced or 1/8 in. dice)
- ¼ cup red bell peppers (minced or 1/8 in. dice)
- 3 to 4 habanero peppers (minced or 1/8 in. dice)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 cups orange juice
- ½ cup honey or agave syrup
- Salt to taste
- In a medium sauce pot, melt butter and add onions or shallots. Sauté to a golden color before adding peppers and salt. Continue to sauté to a deeper golden brown before adding orange juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Reduce by ¾ to a syrupy glaze. Add more orange juice as needed.
- Roast ham at 350° F. low fan for approximately 30 minutes before adding glaze. Brush on or apply glaze neatly over all surface of ham. Return to oven and roast an additional hour, re-applying more glaze as needed. Cooking time will vary depending on size of Ham roast. Ham should be well glazed and caramelized at edges.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.