Redeye Ham Gravy and Biscuits
- 2 1/2 lbs. Cubed Ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups prepared coffee
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 large or 24 small biscuits,heated and split open
- Sauté ham in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned; remove from skillet.
- Add butter and onions to skillet; sauté until onions are tender. Stir in flour and brown sugar; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in coffee; simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and ham cubes; cook until heated through and reaches desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- To serve, ladle 6 oz. gravy over 1 or 2 hot biscuits.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.