Smoked Carnitas Bowl
- 4 Tbsp adobo-style chipotle peppers
- 8 Tbsp prepared mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 12 oz Fully Cooked Pork Carnitas
- 4 oz garlic, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 red pepper, charred and diced
- 8 oz black beans, cooked
- 5 oz sweet plantains, cooked and diced
- 4 oz corn, charred
- Combine chipotle peppers, prepared mayo and sour cream in blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside for later for chipotle crema garnish.
- Portion rice into 2 shallow bowls.
- Shred and heat pork carnitas including liquid. Simmer with garlic and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place 6 oz carnitas over rice in each bowl.
- Arrange red peppers, black beans, plantains and corn on each.
- Drizzle with chipotle crema.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.