- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Smithfield Boneless Ham, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 flatbread
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 cups potatoes, roasted and sliced 1/8
- 4 eggs
- Basil, for garnish
- Chives, for garnish
Product:Smithfield Boneless Ham
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, add ham, and cook until fat is rendered and ham is crisp, 8 minutes. Remove using slotted spoon to paper towel–lined plate.
- Add onions to pan, and cook until very soft, 10 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until just starting to brown. Add 2 tablespoons water to deglaze pan. Add tomatoes and oregano. Cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush flatbread dough with some olive oil, and then spread with onion mixture. Sprinkle with most of cooked ham and pepper Jack, and spoon ricotta in large dollops over surface. Scatter roasted potatoes over flatbread. Top flatbread with remaining ham.
- Crack eggs onto flatbread so they are spaced evenly; then place flatbread in oven and bake 8 minutes. Broil flatbread for two more minutes, until edges are crisp, cheese is melted and browned and eggs are cooked.
- Season flatbread with salt and pepper, and scatter torn basil leaves and chopped chives over top. Cut flatbread into 4 pieces, and serve.
* This recipe was created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to Smithfield Culinary.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.