Ancho Crusted Pork Belly Sliders
- 2 Skinless Pork Bellies
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup ground ancho chile powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp. granulated onion
Raspberry Wasabi Mustard
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. wasabi powder
- 30 pretzel slider rolls
- 2 lb. goat cheese with rosemary seasoning
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée, Sandwich
- Using a sharp knife, score fat side of pork belly by slicing diagonally about 1 1/2-inches apart. Do not penetrate meat.
- Combine spice rub ingredients. Season all sides of pork bellies with 1/2 cup rub; pressing deep into score marks. Store remaining rub for additional uses. Place pork bellies, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan; cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- To make mustard, combine jam, mustards, agave nectar and wasabi powder; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat convection oven to 275°F. Remove cover from bellies and roast 1 hour; remove from oven. Pour apple and pineapple juice over bellies; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Braise about 1 1/2 hours or until very tender. Let rest 30 minutes and slice thin.
- On heel of pretzel roll layer 2 oz. pork belly, 2 teaspoons raspberry wasabi mustard, 1 oz. rosemary goat cheese and crown of roll. Serve immediately. Makes 30 sliders.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.