Apple, Caramelized Onion and Ham Lettuce Roll-Up
- 2 white onions, julienned
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and medium dice
- 2 cups Lime Mayo (recipe follows)
- 3 cups Ham, medium dice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 oz. lime juice
- Zest of limes used for juice
- Kosher salt, to taste, if desired
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Side Dish, Soup/Salad
- Using sauté pan with some oil, sauté onions on medium-high heat until they are caramelized.
- Remove from pan and let cool down in fridge.
- Once cool, place onions, apples, Lime Mayo, Ham, grapes and salt into bowl and mix together.
- Make sure that everything is evenly coated with mayo.
- Lay out lettuce on table and fill each leaf with an even amount of mixture.
- Leave about 1/3 of the leaf free of mixture to provide a place to hold the roll-up
- Roll up like a burrito.
- Use toothpick to hold together, if desired.
- Cut in half and serve 2 per person.
- Mix all in mixing bowl.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.