Apple Cider Brined Smithfield Pork Chop
- 4 Smithfield Fresh Pork Chops, 1-1 ½” thickness
- 2 cups fresh pressed apple cider
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lb. mini heirloom potatoes
- 2 sprigs sage, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red beet
- 1 large carrot
- 4 radishes
- 1 large black radish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs, fresh, chopped
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Warm apple cider in a small sauce pot. Add salt, thyme and garlic. Let steep for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer warm cider to a plastic zip bag and place in the refrigerator until cold.
- Once cider brine is chilled add thick cut pork chops to the bag. Be sure that the pork chops are fully submerged in the brine. Return to refrigerator.
- Brine pork chops for 24-48 hours.
- Remove pork chops from the brine and pat dry.
- Season the pork chops as you regularly would with salt and pepper.
- Grill the pork chops over medium heat until desired doneness is achieved.
- Toss the mini potatoes with the 2 Tbsp of oil, chopped sage and salt and pepper. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook potatoes in a 325°F preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked, time will vary based on potato size.
- Peel your beet and carrot.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer cut all the root vegetables. Snip long strands into manageable sizes.
- Combine root vegetables slaw with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and fresh parsley.
- Place warm potatoes and pork onto serving dish and top with the vegetable slaw.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.