Asian Glazed Ribs and Slaw
Asian Glazed Ribs
- 5 lbs. 1-2 bone back rib pieces
- 8 oz. tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ½ cup sweet soy
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onion sprigs, sliced
- 1 green papaya, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 4 Thai chilies, chopped
- 4 Thai sweet basil sprigs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, toasted and crushed
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot except ribs, sesame seeds, and green onions. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook until sauce thickens, coating the back of spoon.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place ribs on a sheet pan. Glaze with sauce. Place in oven for 5 minutes, remove and glaze again. Return ribs to oven for 8 additional minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For slaw, mix all ingredients together.
- To serve, plate ribs and garnish with chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with slaw.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.