Bacon Burnt Ends Tacos
- 2 lbs. Smithfield Ready to Eat Sliced Bacon
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 12 corn tortillas
- Pineapple Slaw (recipe follows)
- 2 limes, quartered
- ½ head cabbage
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- ½ red onion, shaved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Cut bacon into 1½-inch pieces and spread on sheet pan.
- In bowl, combine honey, barbecue sauce and stock, and pour over bacon.
- Cover with foil, and cook in oven for another 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir bacon, and cook for 15 more minutes until glazed and sticky.
- Heat tortillas on each side in pan, and place 2 tortillas on top of each other.
- Top with bacon mixture and Pineapple Slaw.
- Garnish with limes, and serve.
- Shave cabbage thinly, and place in bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients with cabbage, and mix well.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.