- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, small dice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, small dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, small dice
- 1 serrano pepper, small dice
- 14.5-oz can diced fire-roasted garlic tomatoes
- ¼ cup Chile Spice Blend
- 8 oz can pinto beans, undrained
- 8 oz can black beans, undrained
- 8 oz dark red kidney beans
- 16 oz chili beans
- 2 lbs Curly’s by Smithfield® Fully Cooked Beef Barbacoa
- 1 Roma tomato, medium dice
- 2 oz parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup bias-cut green onions, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 cup crema
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 pickled poblano pepper
- 1 cup roasted corn
- Heat large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven (5 qt) over medium to high heat. Once pan is hot, add canola oil.
- Layer onions, bell peppers and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until peppers are tender and onions are translucent.
- Add poblano peppers, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add serrano peppers, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced fire-roasted garlic tomatoes and Chile Blend; allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all beans, barbacoa and diced Roma tomatoes and fresh aromatics (parsley and ½ the green onions).
- Allow chili to simmer for 45 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Serve in shallow bowl or soup bowl and garnish with toppings.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.