- 1 lb. fully cooked smoked pulled pork
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 8 jumbo refrigerator biscuits
- 1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup melted butter
- BBQ rub, as needed
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine pork shoulder (cold) and BBQ sauce in bowl. Mix until pork is finely shredded.
- Place 1 refrigerator biscuit on plate, press down and stretch out until double in size. Place 1 oz. sauced BBQ meat in middle of dough. Top with 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese. Fold biscuit over meat/cheese, and seal. Fold ends in and roll over so all seams are on bottom. Repeat procedure until all kolaches are made.
- Place kolaches on greased baking sheet, seam-side down. Bake at 350°F for 13 to 17 minutes or until kolaches are golden brown. Remove from oven, brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle light coating of BBQ rub on top.
- Serve warm. Kolaches can be cooled down, stored in refrigerator, and reheated as needed.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.