Breakfast Sausage Sliders
- 4 Smithfield Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 slices American cheese, cut into quarters
- 4 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Maple Mustard (recipe follows)
- Apple Coleslaw (recipe follows)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated
- ¼ cup grated yellow onion
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place breakfast sausage patties on small sheet pan or sizzle tray, and place one-quarter of American cheese on top of each.
- Heat patties and cheese in oven until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Slice slider rolls, and toast until golden brown.
- Brush the insides of each roll with Maple Mustard, and place 1 sausage on each slider roll bottom.
- Top with Apple Coleslaw and top of roll, and close roll with toothpick.
- Combine ingredients,and set aside.
- Combine grated apples, onions and carrots in strainer. Rinse with cool water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to drain.
- Add mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar, and mix to incorporate.
- Season with salt.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.