Caramel Pork Belly Skewers
- 2 ½ lbs. Pork Belly, sliced into bacon strips
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ⅓ cup fish sauce
- 2 cups orange juice
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
Thai Style Slaw
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 thinly sliced Thai bird chili, or ¼ of serrano chili thinly sliced
- 2 cups finely sliced purple cabbage
- 4 torn mint leaves
- 4 torn basil leaves
- 4 sprigs of torn cilantro
- ¼ cup toasted chopped peanuts
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- For Pork Belly, combine orange juice, brown sugar, chopped garlic, lime juice, and zest in a dish and whisk. Place belly strips in marinade and refrigerate for 3-24 hours.
- For Caramel Glaze, add all ingredients to a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sauce thickens to a glaze and set aside.
- Thread pork belly onto skewers, garnishing end with scallion chunk. Sprinkle rice powder generously on both sides and cook on a grill, turning and glazing frequently until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To plate, place “Thai Style Slaw” onto a plate, top with belly, and garnish with herbs, peanuts, and scallions.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.