Carbonara Style Pasta Salad
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 6 cloves garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, coarse ground
- 3 cups Black Forest Ham, diced (1/2″ cubes)
- 1-3/4 cups English peas, fresh, blanched
- 9 cups cheese filled tortellini, cooked
- Garnish basil, fresh
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Side Dish
- In a large sauté pan over low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in heavy cream and reduce slightly for 6 minutes.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Allow for sauce to continue cooking 4-5 minutes over low heat until cheese is fully melted.
- Add diced ham and peas and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Combine sauce with cooked tortellini and garnish with fresh basil.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.