- 6 oz. cooked Carnitas
- 2 bagels, sliced in half
- 2 slices white cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. pickled red onions (recipe to follow)
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, whole leaves
Pickled Red Onions:
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small beet, peeled and cut in half
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Heat carnitas in sautė pan until warmed through. Add carnitas to bottom halves of bagels, top with cheese and place in broiler until cheese melts.
- In small pot, bring vinegar, salt and sugar to simmer. Remove from heat and pour over onions and beets. Cool to room temperature before serving. Best if allowed to sit overnight.
- Top with pickled red onions and garnish with fresh cilantro.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.