Fried Pork Tenderloin Sliders with Spicy Mayonnaise
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon MSG
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1-lb. pork tenderloin, 12 slices
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. buttermilk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 12 small Hawaiian rolls, halved, and toasted
- 12 tsp. Spicy Mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1 ½ cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ to ¾ cup bread and butter pickles
Spicy Mayonnaise (Yields ½ cup):
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Sandwich
- In small bowl, combine flour, 1 Tbsp. salt, 1½ tsp. pepper, MSG, garlic, onion and cayenne pepper, and mix thoroughly. Transfer to shallow casserole dish, and set aside until ready to use.
- Sandwich pork medallions between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap and use meat mallet to pound meat to ½-in.-thick slices. Season each side of pork.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk until combined.
- Dredge pork on each side in seasoned flour, shake off any excess flour, and dip pork into egg mixture. Shake off excess egg, and return pork to seasoned flour, dredging again to coat both sides completely.
- Heat canola oil in 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place 3 pork slices in oil, and cook 2 minutes until golden brown; turn and cook the other side 2 additional minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer pork medallions to paper-towel-lined platter to drain. Repeat.
- For Spicy Mayonnaise, in small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread ½ tsp. Spicy Mayonnaise on each roll. Place shredded lettuce on bottom half of each roll, and layer with piece of pork and pickles. Top with remaining half of roll, and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.