Grilled Pork Chop Lettuce Wraps
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 12 Tbsp. pico de gallo, divided
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
Product:Pork Chops, Pork Chops
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Soup/Salad
- Process mayonnaise, buttermilk, cilantro, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice, sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. cumin in food processor or blender until blended and smooth, about 1 minute. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Stir together beans, rice, green onions and 1/3 cup mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Stir together black pepper and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. cumin in small bowl. Rub pork with olive oil and sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Grill or pan sauté uncovered and turn occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes (depending on the thickness of the pork chop). Let rest 2 minutes. Cut pork into thin strips.
- Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture onto each lettuce leaf, and top each with 2 to 3 slices of pork, 1 Tbsp pico de gallo, and 1 Tbsp. cheese. Serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.