Ham and Broccoli Quinoa Stew
- 1-1/2 cups Yellow, onion, peeled, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 qt. Chicken or vegetable stock
- 2-1/2 cups 1/2″ Diced Ham
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Soup/Salad
- In a 2 quart stock pot over medium-high heat, cook onions, carrots, and celery in oil for 5-8 minutes and or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken stock, ham, quinoa, and tomato purée; stir to combine.
- Cook, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook for an additional 5 minutes until broccoli and quinoa are tender and the stew begins to thicken.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.