Ham and Cheddar Popovers
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 6 oz Ham Steaks, diced
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz green onions
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 oz rendered ham fat
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Place 2 6-cup popover pans in the oven at 400°F.
- Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl.
- Place the milk into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk together the eggs, ham, cheese, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Add the hot milk to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the milk/egg mix to the flour and mix well.
- Remove the hot popover pans from the oven.
- Brush pans with rendered ham fat.
- Add enough mixture to fill each mold 3/4 of the way.
- Place in the oven and cook 15 minutes.
- Rotate pans and cook 30 minutes more.
- Immediately serve while hot.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.