Ham-Stuffed Buttermilk Biscuit Skewers
- 10 Biscuit pucks, uncooked
- 10 2-oz slices Ham
- 10 1-oz slices smoked cheddar
- 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 4 fl oz melted butter
- Carolina Gold Dipping Sauce
- 16 oz coleslaw
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 1 oz baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 5 oz butter, cubed and chilled
- 8 fl oz buttermilk
- 3 oz eggs
Carolina Gold Dipping Sauce:
- 16 fl oz white vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 oz sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 8 oz dark brown sugar
- 20 fl oz yellow mustard
- 2 fl oz ketchup
- Stuff each biscuit puck with ham and cheese.
- Stretch and thread stuffed biscuit onto wooden skewer.
- Baste with melted butter, and place in cooler for 20 minutes.
- Place in 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with Carolina Gold Dipping Sauce and Coleslaw.
- For Biscuits, preheat convection oven to 400°F.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Combine butter and dry ingredients, and rub together. Do this until butter is approximately 1/2-inch diameter.
- Combine buttermilk and eggs, and mix well. Add to dry ingredients/butter mixture. Do not overmix. Shape into pucks, and place in cooler for 10 minutes to allow butter to harden.
- For Carolina Gold Dipping Sauce, combine all ingredients except yellow mustard and ketchup.
- Bring to simmer, add yellow mustard and ketchup, and remove from heat. Allow to cool.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.