Ham and White Bean Stew with Kale
- 8 oz. Ham
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Salt to taste
- 1- 15oz can whole tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and diced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and season with salt.
- Cook vegetables, stirring, until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and add tomatoes with juice and Ham. Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and beans. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes, then stir in kale.
- Top with Parmesan and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.