Hot Sausage Po’ Boy
- 2 Smithfield™ Plant-Based Burger Patties
- 2 oz celery salt
- 2 oz paprika
- 1 oz ground black pepper
- 1 oz garlic powder
- 1 oz onion powder
- 1 oz cayenne pepper
- ¼ oz ground allspice
- ½ pound unsalted butter
- 4 oz Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 Leidenheimer Po-Boy Rolls
- 1 cup Blue Plate Mayonnaise
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 large red tomato, sliced
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Preheat skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Shape burger patties in long oval shapes.
- Mix celery salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and ground allspice together to create a Creole blend.
- Liberally season burger patties with Creole seasoning on both sides.
- Sear patties in olive oil on both sides, and then add butter and Crystal Hot Sauce.
- Baste patties with butter mixture for 2 minutes, flipping intermittently. Drain on paper towels before plating.
- Toast po’boy rolls, spread insides with mayo, and top with lettuce, tomato and pickles. Add patties.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.