Korean Pajeon (Scallion Pancake) with Carnitas, Egg and Cho-Gochujang
- 2 cups Korean pancake mix
- ¼ cup tempura flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2.5 cups ice cold water
- 1 qt. canola oil
- 2 lb. green onions, julienned
- 1 lb. Carnitas
- 4 oz. red Fresno chile
- 5 eggs beaten (1 per pancake)
- Cho-Gochujang Sauce (recipe to follow)
- 2 Tbsp. gochujang
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. grated ginger
- ¼ tsp. minced garlic
DetailsCarnitas brands offered: Curly’s
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Sift together pancake mix, tempura flour and rice flour.
- Add water and whisk it well.
- Preheat frying pan on medium to medium-high heat until bottom is well heated. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low. (Cook and finish with this temperature setting.) Put generous amount of cooking oil into pan.
- Place 3 oz. green onions on pan parallel to each other; place carnitas and red chiles sparingly on top of green onions.
- Ladle pancake mixture and drizzle (in zigzag shape) it over green onions and carnitas. Try to spread it evenly, filling any gaps.
- Drizzle beaten egg over pancake. Shape pancake with spatula.
- Flip pancake once bottom is set. Serve with Cho-Gochujang sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together and reserve for plating.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.