Mexican Breakfast Torta
- 4 4oz. Boneless Pork Chops, (tenderized)
- 4 2oz. slices Ham
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Bolillo Rolls
- 4 slices Chihuahua cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thin
- ½ avocado, sliced or mashed salt
- Latin Rub (recipe to follow)
- Guajillo Sauce (recipe to follow)
- Guajillo Mayo (recipe to follow)
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. ground Mexican oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 16 ounces dried Guajillo Chiles
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup onion, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup reserved liquid guajillo chiles
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Guajillo Sauce (see above)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
DetailsHam brands offered: Farmland, Smithfield Culinary, Armour by Smithfield, Eckrich, Patrick Cudahy, John Morrell, Carando
Pork Chop brands offered: Farmland, Farmland Chop Shop
Product:Ham, Pork Chops
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Season both sides of pork chops with Latin rub; cover and refrigerate.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook boneless pork chops about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Place sliced ham in skillet and sear both sides; keep warm.
- On heel of bolillo roll, layer Guajillo Mayo, Pork, Ham, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado and Top with sunny-side up egg; crown of bread on the side.
- Mix spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Lightly toast chiles in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour 1 cup of water over chiles and let sit 15 minutes until softened.
- Remove chiles and strain liquid; reserve ½ cup of the water.
- Remove stems from chiles and place in a food processor.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, and reserved liquid; pulse. Slowly add oil while processing until smooth.
- Pour liquid into a pot and add chicken broth. Simmer for 20 minutes. Strain sauce to remove seeds; set aside to cool.
- Combine Guajillo Sauce, mayo and lemon juice. Set Aside.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.