Milk-Braised Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 -6 oz Bone-In Pork Chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ yellow onion, large dice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fingerling potatoes, roasted
- 1 cup Brussels sprout leaves, fried, for garnish
- 1 lemon, juiced, for garnish
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat heavy-bottomed ceramic braising pot over high heat. Add canola oil and sear chops on both sides until golden brown. Remove to separate plate.
- To same pan add onion and garlic. Sautee until softened, approximately 6 minutes.
- Add stock, milk, bay leaf, rosemary, and thyme. Bring to simmer then add reserved pork chops back to pot. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until pork reaches internal temperature of 145° F.
- Remove pork from braising liquid and discard bay leaves, rosemary and thyme.
- Puree sauce until smooth, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve: place fingerling potatoes on serving platter, top with reserved pork chops, and spoon over braising sauce. Toss fried Brussels sprout leaves with lemon juice and garnish pork with them.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.