Pasta Primavera Delight
- 3 lb. uncooked rotelle or penne pasta
- 1 lb. onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 lb. butter
- 1 3/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. carrots, julienne cut
- 3/4 lb. Fully Cooked Bacon, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb. frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb. green bell peppers, julienne cut
- 1 lb. red bell peppers, julienne cut
- 1/2 lb. Ham, chopped
- 3/4 lb. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse.
- In large stock pot, sauté onions and garlic in melted butter over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and carrots; sauté 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high. Add bacon, cream, chicken stock and basil; bring to a boil stirring constantly. Boil 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in peas, peppers and ham; cook 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese. Toss until well combined.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.