Pizza Pinwheels with Prosciutto Cotto and Mozzarella
- 20 oz. water at 70° F.
- 2 grams of dried yeast
- 40 oz. flour (General Mills Gold Medal or Neapolitan)
- 1 oz. Kosher salt
- 15 oz. Ham, shaved paper thin
- 1 cup flour (General Mills Gold Medal or Neapolitan)
- 20 oz. mozzarella, grated
- 2 cups baby Arugula
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Side Dish
- Pizza Dough: Place dough hook onto mixer.
- Add 70° F. water and yeast to the mixing bowl. Mix using a wire whisk.
- Place mixer at the lowest setting. Gradually add flour and mix for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and continue to mix for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Adjust mixer to speed 2 and mix dough for 3 final minutes.
- Scale dough into 11 ounce balls cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature for 6 hours at 70° F.
- Pizza Pinwheels: Dust a wood surface with the flour and stretch the pizza dough into 12-inch circles.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients on top of the stretched pizza dough.
- Roll the pizza into a log form. Cut into ¾ inch circles. Place onto a non-stick baking tray.
- Place into a pre-heated 350° F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.