Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- 1 Skinless Pork Belly
- Rub (recipe follows)
- BBQ sauce, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Generously season pork belly with Rub on both sides, reserving some rub.
- Wrap and set in cooler for at least 4 hours, 24 hours, if possible.
- Set smoker for 225°F-235°F, using apple wood.
- Cook pork belly until internal temperature reaches 180°F-185°F.
- Remove from smoker, cool on wire rack and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut belly into cubes; then season with reserved Rub and toss in BBQ sauce.
- Return to smoker for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the correct doneness is achieved.
- Combine all ingredients.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.