Pork Belly Skewers in Anticuchera Sauce
- 1 cup aji panca chile paste
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. toasted ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp.s kosher salt
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1½ cups blended oil
- 5 lbs. Pork Belly
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- ½ gal. chicken broth
- 1 cup Anticuchera Sauce (recipe follows)
- ½ cup blended oil
DetailsBrands Offered: Farmland, Smithfield Culinary DURoC
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- To prepare Anticuchera Sauce, place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- For Pork Belly, score skin side of pork belly in diamond pattern. Season both sides of pork belly with salt and pepper.
- In large pan over medium-high heat, sear pork belly until golden brown on both sides. Once pork belly is seared properly, add chicken broth and Anticucherra Sauce.
- Place in covered 2-inch hotel pan, and cook in convection oven at 275°F for 3½ hours.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let pork belly cool in liquid for 1 hour.
- Put pork belly in 2-inch hotel pan. Cover pan with additional hotel pan and add 15 to 20 pounds of weight to help compress pork belly.
- Let pork belly sit overnight under refrigeration.
- Next, cut pork belly into 1-ounce cubes and skewer.
- Marinate pork belly skewers in remaining Anticuchera Sauce for up to 1 day in advance before grilling. Grill until marked and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Chef’s note: To cook the skewers, try not to put over too intense a heat/fire. The pork belly has a lot of fat, and this will cause it to flame up and burn.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.