Pork Shoulder Banh Mi
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 daikon, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 loaf French bread
- Siracha sauce
- 1 lb. Fully Cooked Pulled Pork
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Combine rice wine vinegar, sugar, and 1 Tbsp. salt in a small pot over medium until sugar and salt dissolve to create pickling liquid.
- Place sliced daikon and carrots in two small bowls, cover with warm pickling liquid. Let vegetables sit in liquid for 30 minutes.
- Slice French bread into four 3-inch pieces. Slice the pieces in half horizontally. Squirt Sriracha sauce on the top halves.
- Heat pulled pork on skillet over medium heat.
- Place about 4 oz. of pulled pork on bottom half.
- Layer pickled carrots and daikon.
- Top with a few slices of jalapeño and fresh picked cilantro
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.