Roasted Pork Tacos with Spicy Pineapple Salsa & Red Cabbage Slaw
- 8 fresh corn tortillas (store-bought or housemade)
- ½ lb. Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder, broken up a little bit by hand
For the Salsa
- 1 cup small pineapple, diced
- 1 habanero, seeds & steam removed, very finely minced
- ¼ cup small red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. rough-chopped cilantro
- Lime juice, salt & pepper to taste
For the Slaw
- 2 cups julienned red cabbage
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin on a bias
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (store-bought or housemade)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Product:Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée, Sandwich
- Combine all salsa ingredients except habanero and cilantro; add the habanero a little at a time, tasting as you go. If you want it super spicy, you can add the whole thing. Ideally, make the salsa ahead of time and let it sit for a little while to allow the flavors to meld together. Fold the cilantro in right before serving so that it doesn’t become discolored.
- Combine slaw ingredients- again, mixing the slaw ahead of time will save time, as well as allow all flavors to combine.
- Warm the pork, either by heating in a pan or on a plancha.
- Warm the tortillas, either by steaming or warming over the grill.
- To put the whole dish together, lay out all your tortillas. Put equal amounts of slaw on each one, then top with equal amounts of pork. Finish with a spoonful of the salsa.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.