- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1lb Smithfield™ Simply Seasoned Grind
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 4 brioche or pretzel burger buns, split
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is heated, cook protein until browned.
- Add onions, green bell peppers and garlic; sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, water, chili powder and chili flakes. Reduce to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes until flavors meld and vegetables are soft.
- Place buns in preheated 350ºF oven to toast until golden brown.
- Place Sloppy Joe mixture inside buns and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.