Smoked Pulled Pork Ramen
- 1 gal salted water
- 12 oz bicarbonate noodles
- 12 oz Fully Cooked Smoked Pulled Pork
- 3 heads baby bok choy, quartered
- 64 oz Bacon Broth (recipe follows)
- 2 Tbsp chile oil
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 Smoked Ham Hock
- 8 slices Precooked Bacon
- 1 onion, split and charred on the cut side on a griddle or grill
- 1 head garlic, top removed and charred on a griddle or grill
- 1 finger ginger, split and charred on the cut side on a griddle or grill
- ½ Tbsp black pepper
- ½ Tbsp coriander
- 2 pieces star anise
- 2 gallons water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Salt, to taste
Product:Bacon, Ham Hocks, Pulled Pork
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Bring 1 gallon salted water to boil.
- Cook bicarbonate noodles for 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Separate noodles between four bowls.
- Add smoked pulled pork and bok choy to each bowl.
- Top each bowl with 16 ounces boiling Bacon Broth.
- Top each bowl with drizzle of chile oil, basil and green onions, and serve.
- Add all ingredients to pot and simmer for 2 hours. Do not boil.
- Season with more salt if desired, strain through fine sieve, and reserve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.